I’m pretty sure my boyfriend and I have pizza at least 2 times a week. I’m also pretty sure we are addicted to pizza. But hey, why not when it’s so easy to make? We recently went to a nifty restaurant/brewery called Thr3e Wise Men Brewing Company in Indianapolis, IN and we absolutely fell in love with the Snow Bunny Blonde glaze they had on their pizza.
A few weeks later we were craving that delicious glaze again and since we live in Viriginia, we had to find a way to taste that heaven again. I found a Rachel Rae balsamic glaze at the grocery store and thought we could give that a try. We found heaven. We tweaked our classic margherita pizza from before by adding chicken and the glaze. Man, oh man. It was perfect and my new favorite kind of pizza. I think we’ve made it three times now and we might get a little carried away with the glaze…
The Best Pizza Dough Ever
1 packet of yeast
1/4 cup warm water
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
3-4 cups flour
2 Tbsp oil
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place pizza stone in the oven while it preheats.
2. Mix together the yeast and water. Let it sit until foamy.
3. Add honey, 1 Tbsp oil, and Italian seasoning. Mix in flour 1 cup at a time until barely sticky.
4. Knead dough then form into a ball. Place in oiled bowl and let rise for 30 minutes.
5. Spread the dough out onto the hot pizza stone to desired thickness.
Margherita Pizza with Chicken
3-4 chicken breast tenders
1/2 – 1 cups of marinara
2-3 sliced roma tomatoes
balsamic vinegar glaze
1. Spread out pizza dough and let bake for 5 minutes. This will help the dough crisp up.
2. Cut chicken into chunks and cook in frying pan. Add seasoning to taste (I usually use onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, and oil).
3. Spread marinara on half baked dough. Add toppings.
4. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar glaze all over that bad boy.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes.